Sunday, July 6, 2008

The award for worst mother in the world goes to....

ME!!!!!!!!

So last week Uncle Cameron was here and we went swimming at my moms community pool and while I was unloading the stroller AA was walking around outside by the car and fell with his hands flat on the asphalt. I didnt know he had feel until moments later when all I heard was his crying. He cried for an hour and at the time I didnt know what was wrong other than he was tired. So he finally cried himself to sleep. The next day uncle Cameron says AA has a blister on his finger. I thought well he did get them pinched in the door. Nope later on I noticed that both of his hands were covered in blisters!!!! I burned my poor babies hands!!!! What an awful mom I am! No wonder he had been crying for an hour his hands were on fire!! It just makes me cry thinking about it!!! Our first casualty of the hot Arizona sun. I want to go back to Santa Barbara!!! (whiney toned implied)







3 comments:

raw mom said...

oooh! poor guy! if it makes you feel any better, i burned drew's leg with a curling iron last week. i wasn't thinking at all and TOTaly forgot that it was on and i set her on the counter right on it! she has a long scar now FOREVER! i feel so bad. but accidents happen and we cant do EVERYTHING right!;)

amelia said...

WHOA, I didn't know asphalt could actually burn the skin! Poor little guy.

Anonymous said...

poor guy! hope all is well with him. Tim did the same thing with Charlee, but she burned her nose and forehead on the BBQ, I think she was like 1 and a half. He couldn't figure out why she kept crying and then I got home from work and looked at her and saw the red spots that would be blisters. BUT on the good side she never goes near a hot BBQ!