Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bill Barron

Josh's grandpa Bill Barron passed away on Josh's birthday.  We all knew it was coming, even though we knew it was coming we still weren't ready for it.  We know that this life is short, that we are only to come to get a body and be tested, and if we prove faithful and righteous that we will be with are families again.  But having to say goodbye to someone is something no one wants to do.  I think of Grandpa as my own grandpa.  I remember when I met Grandpa for the first time.  It was Thanksgiving 1999 I was dating Josh and I went to his families house for thanksgiving.  I fell in love with Josh's entire family.  They made me feel loved right away.  I knew that Josh was the one that night because of his family.  Then Christmas Eve of that same year we were in Santa Barbara and Josh asked me to marry him at the Goleta beach. (such a beautiful beach)  I remember driving to Lompoc to tell Josh's grandpa and grandma.  I still remember telling them and the LOVE that radiated from both of them for us, was such an amazing feeling.  I left there feeling like he was my grandpa from that day forward.  He reminded me so much of my grandpa that had passed away a year before that.  We loved them both.  I know that both Grandma and Grandpa Barron had some hard trials in the end of their life.  Trials that I hope to never have to face, but they faced them with such dignity and grace. 

 I am grateful to them for the family that they had.  And for always loving us no matter what decision we made.  Grandpa Barron will be missed sorely. But I am comforted in knowing that we will see him again.  I am so grateful to have that knowledge of eternal life.  I am grateful to my Savior and for the Atonement, and for eternal families.  I am also grateful that Grandpa Barron is no longer suffering and that he is once again whole, and with his wife once more.  
Till we meet again.


Great Grandpa with almost all of Papa Jeff's kids and grandkids


Emma Loved Great grandpa


I am so glad that we went to visit Great Grandpa while we were all camping we took some great pictures and had a great time with Great grandpa, and we got to see him one last time.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

He sounds like a great man who blessed a lot of people. What a great tribute!