Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busy busy busy!!

I have some super fun pics of my cute kids to post.  But due to some changes in our world I have been so incredibly busy that I havent had much time to do anything.  

After praying and praying and praying for Josh to find a better job, it turns out that Heavenly Father wants him right where he is.  But that didnt mean that he didnt answer my prayers.  I had been looking on the internet through every job in the classifieds for a new job for Josh and I came across a job that was a dental assistant instructor mon-thur 6pm -10pm at a college here in Mesa.  It was right up my alley.  After being in the dental field for ten years I had all the qualifications that were needed.  I applied for the job, and I got a call the next day, interviewed the day after that, and after a background check I got the job!  I swear I was born for this job.  For those of you who dont know me that well, I can be a bit bossy.  In fact I love to be the boss and in charge, but I also LOVE the dental field.  I just cant work the normal hours anymore with 4 little ones.  This way I get a nice little break from my little sweet hearts at night,  I get paid to teach what I love and to be the boss, and I dont have to work weekends!  So we will work hard during the week, and play hard on the weekends.  
This was such a testimony builder to me about the power of prayer.  I was starting to feel like I was being ignored, that my pleading, begging, and crying to the lord was going unheard.  Just when I was at the point of complete despair of feeling ignored, that still small voice told me to look through every job, and then told me you probably wont get that job, but you should apply anyway.  I am truly amazed by my heavenly father and the mysterious ways in which he works!  I am so grateful not to be alone in this world, that he does hear and answer my prayers-even if he didnt answer my prayers the way I that I thought they should be answered, he still answers them in the way they were meant to be answered.  
Once I get back into my routine I will be better at posting my darling pictures!!  (:

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah Amanda!! That sounds like the perfect job for you. I am so glad everything worked out!

Anonymous said...

Bossy? You? HA! I'm now praying for your students! LOL Love ya,
Ronda =-)

Kristina said...

I'm excited for you. That will be an amazing job for you. i had a similiar experience right before I was getting married- I was looking for a job. and it took a longgg time or i would interview at these places and they wanted me to work on sundays (yes, this is in provo utah!) and i said i couldn't work on sundays and i wouldnt get the job... but finally, the perfect job came for me working at an elementary school with little 5 years old- I LOVED IT! it turned out to be perfect! heavenly father does know what he is doing and knows whats best for us! :)

Meredith Ferrin said...

Congrats Amanda.....I'm excited for you and your new adventure! Sounds like the perfect job with the perfect hours! Good Luck!

Diana said...

Congratulations on the new job!

smb said...

You'll be great at this job. Yes, you ARE BOSSY, but that's okay so am I. :+)