Monday, October 13, 2008

Awesome mommy moment

Yesterday our ward had fast and testimony meeting.  Kael had seen a few of his friends go up and bear their testimonies.  Kael asked Josh "daddy how come I never get to bear my testimony?", josh said "do you want to?"  Kael said "yes"  Josh then asked him what he would say and Kael then told him then Josh said do you want me to go with you?  Kael told him that he could do it.  I wasn't in on this conversation so when Kael started walking up their I was like JOSH go with him, he cant go by himself!!  Josh was like don't worry he's got it he can do this.  My heart was pounding out of my chest.  Then it was his turn, he walked right up to the microphone and spoke into it  and said "I'd like to bear my testimony I know this church is true I love my mommy and daddy and my brother and sisters, I say these things in the name of Jesus christ amen."  He got down from the stage and walked back to us with this huge smile on his face.  I was balling like a little baby.  I was so proud of my fearless little boy going up all by himself.  He later said mommy I wasn't even shy!  (:  One of my top favorite moments of being a mom was right there, getting to witness my sweet little boy gain a testimony and grow up so much.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mom.  Most days are very crazy and very stressful, and then there are just wonderful moments like this that makes everything worth it!  

I am crying just thinking about it.  I will never forget it.  

8 comments:

kme1981 said...

Oh my goodness what a brave little guy! I had to give a talk on Sunday and my legs were shaking so badly, and I couldn't keep a sentence straight! I wish I had his guts when it came to doing that kind of thing!

Jen & Johnny said...

That is so dang cute!! I teared up just reading it!!! I love it!!!

Kristin said...

Ahhh, that is awesome! What a great son you have!!

Meredith Ferrin said...

He did so awesome and was so cute up there. There is nothing more special then hearing your child bear their testimony. He's adorable and you are right....you should be a proud mommy!

Diana said...

That is rad and a half. Kael rules!

Missy said...

That is SO sweet!

Melissa said...

Sooo sweet

Jessica Hughes said...

Josh and Amanda BArron how the heck are you. this is jessica Hughes I knew you had 3 but not four. Yes I do agree you probably have 4 crazy and wild kids. congrats to you. I hope you enjoyed Sea world. Next time your up give us a call we'd love to see you. Do you keep in touch to Bastedos?