Friday, October 31, 2008

Primary Program


Last Sunday was our Primary program.  It was exciting because I was involved with it, and just as excited about it as the kids were.  Kaels part was "Before we were born, we lived with Heavenly Father.  The place we lived before we were born is called the pre-mortal world.  We came to this earth to get a body and to be tested."  That is a big quote for such a little guy.  I was really worried that he wouldnt remember it.  But that morning he had it nailed.  And he wanted me to make sure that I told Sister Pearce that he didnt need her help.  (:  I did so great.  He got up to the microphone an hesitated for a moment but then he said his lines perfectly!!  I was so proud of him!  This was Emma's first year in the program and he line was "I am Emma and I am a child of God."  She kept changing it to "My name is Emma and I am a child of God."  She went up and said he lines, she hesitated at first also but then just said her lines and was great!  I am so glad it is over with.  All the kids did great.  The primary chorister kept fighting back tears the whole time as she was leading the children in their songs.  It was awesome!  Such a great spirit in the chapel.

5 comments:

Sharla said...

I love Primary programs! It was Owen's first year too, and he had the same line as Emma (well, except that his name is Owen, of course). So sweet!

Drew and Alicia said...

Oh we're so proud of our cute little bugs! kael you did such a good job memorizing your part and Emma its sounds like you did too. We love you guys and your outfits are adorable. Emma's skirt is so cute and Kael looks so grown up here. sad we're getting old. Amanda your cute too I guess. Love you!

Missy Barron said...

Both my boys were involved in the primary program this year. Too cute!

Missy said...

I always look forward to the Primary Program. Way to go Emma and Kael:)

Heather said...

So cute! Coop and Carter are scared to death to do parts in primary programs. Your kids need to teach them how to man up!