Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finally!!!

This is my own personal feelings on this matter so no one get offended! (: But I personally feel that every little girl needs her ears pierced practically the moment she comes into this world. So for awhile Mylee has just had plan ears with nothing beautiful in it., and they have been driving me crazy! Well this weekend my parents took Emma out of town with them and we stayed at their house and watched it for them. They have a mall down the street so I felt it was time to get gorgeous! Emma got her ears pierced at 2 months at her doctors office right after they gave her 4 shots. So this was going to be easy.


The calm before the storm...


I am so stinkin excited!!


Mommy holding her down. Josh didnt want to have anything to do with this.


Oh the first one is in!


And we are done and mad! Everyone in the store kept looking at me like how could you do that to the poor girl. I dont want to be bringing in my 12 year old and have her crying because she is scared and maybe she dosent want to maybe she does we sit in the chair and then she chickens out. This way it is done and she wont even remember the pain. By the time she is twelve all she will have to decide is which earings to wear!


It is over and she will thank me later.


The boys were good during the torture so they got to go on some dumb rides at the mall that they wanted to ride. I love AA's face in this picture.



11 comments:

Freethinkingpunk said...

haha child abuser. I am not saying i am against piercing her ears, or for it, but did you have to do it on a day she had 4 shots? the poor thing. Aiden looks so angry in that picture. that Kael comment is adorable by the way.
by the way let me know of your plans for visiting Japan.

amelia said...

I'm all about moms being the ones to decide what is best for their little girls and boys - so go you, doing what you want to do for Mylee and ignoring the haters! I don't think I could handle the sad cry...guess I'll have to get used to sad crying though :)

Kristin said...

I LOVE Aiden's face! That makes me laugh. And I totally agree, you do what you think is best for Mylee!!

The Ackerman Family said...

I love her little sad face! My girls are going to be the ones who at 12 are so excited to get it done and then when we get there they chicken out! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

the doctors offices don't offer it anymore?....then maybe you could have saved yourself from the rude stares and what not.....but yeah I agree do what you want their your babies no one elses.....Charlee just got her ears pierced when she turned 6 and of course she cried.....but man does she love them now, she would change them every 5 minutes if I let her....

kme1981 said...

Oh her face was just so sad! I'm glad I wasn't there...I hate it when babies cry! You really got Emma's done at the doc office? How nice is that!

raw mom said...

AMEN! my grandma did my ears when i was 3 days old! and my sisters were the same.so when i was blessed with a bus load of girls, there really was no other way to go! they all had them done a few weeks after they were born and they LOVE that they have them pierced! so i'll stand right next to you if someone has something nasty to say about the choice you made for your sweet girl! you did her a FAVOR!

Jana said...

Goodness... I go out of town and finally get back into checking blogs and I've missed ions of your life! I love all the latest postings! I couldn't get my ears pierced until 16 (so dumb, so you go girl!). Oh, and if "hell" is a bad word, I'm in trouble! I would say yes but Glen doesn't believe hell or damn is. What different worlds! Neither sound good I guess, but funny!

Missy said...

Hey! I just found your blog, so I can still keep tabs on your cute kids even though we don't do cafe rio anymore. Mylee has gotten so big already! She looks so cute with her little earrings:)

Heather McMullin said...

****I AGREE!!**** I love it when little girls have earings!!

Melissa said...

I could not pierce my ears until 18 years old! I blame my parents for the 18 holes I had in my body by the time I was 19! I told Melena she could get her ears pierced when she is 8. I figure she is old enough to take care of them and something to look forward!