Monday, August 25, 2008

A catch up post

I don't remember if I put this picture on some where else but it is from our trip. We all came back tan and some of us came back pealing. Poor Emma got so sunburned on the first day camping.



Nice little scratch on her face.



The week Kael started school we also had primary activity day in our backyard. We needed access to a hose and parks don't usually have that. So it was fun to have the activity out back.


We did relay slip n slide races   that was pretty hilarious.

We cooled off with otter pops.


We had the kids put all this gear on run jump in the pool and run back to the next person in line and have them put all the gear on.  The kids had a hard time walking in the gear.  Finally the just ended up using just the tube to finish with.  This one was a favorite because the kids had fun jumping in the pool.


Then we did a water balloon launch and the kids had to try and catch the balloons with towels.
We finished the activity with carmel and apples and yummy sprinkles.  I think this activity was a hit with the kids.  I had alot of fun.



I love to go to the river.  I had not gone this year because it just seems like everything is harder to do with TWO babies.  So I havent really wanted to go.  My BIL wanted to go check out the spot we go to.  So a week ago Saturday we went.  The kids had fun floating down the water.

The kept trying to float away I swear!


The dads being silly.



This is what Mylee enjoyed doing.


The only one who wouldn't jump off the rocks, was my SIL Laura she went up to jump but after a few incidents, got chicken and climbed down.  Kael and Emma think that every-time we jump off the rocks they need to go with us.   I prefer the river when I have a babysitter watching my kids at home.  (:  I don't really care for hauling kids up the rocks and making sure they don't float away and all that nonsense. (:  it was a fun day though, I am glad we went.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a success. Is it super hot there still?