Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Grandpa passed away




Its kind of a sad Easter weekend for us, as my dads dad died last night. He will be missed so much! I know he is not suffering anymore and that he is now with his parents but, he will still be missed so much here. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that I have that when I leave this life I will be able to be with my family that has gone before me. It still dosent make the pain of realizing that I wont get to speak with him again in this life or see him again in this life any better. ):I love you Grandpa and I will miss you! I just have a funny story about him and I want to write it down so I dont forget it later.

I was very little I think I was in first grade because I remember my baby brother Matthew was there and he only lived for 5 months. But we were in Vegas for Easter weekend and it was the night before Easter and we were so excited for the Easter Bunny to come, and I remember my Grandpa teasing us that he wasent going to let that bunny get into his house, that if it tried he was going to shoot it. (: He was just such a fun Grandpa and I just remember him always being a fun Grandpa and we would always tease him because he didnt really have any hair left, but he would get mad if you touched the remainder of his hairs he didnt want his beautiful head of hair to fall out! Sorry this is really just for me to remember later.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Im sorry about yout Grandpa. I know how you feel. I just lost my grandma last month...
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time for you guys.

Kristina said...

Im sorry about yout Grandpa. I know how you feel. I just lost my grandma last month...
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time for you guys.

Heather McMullin said...

Ok that scared me. When I first looked at the pic I thought you had your baby already and then I read the post and looked at how small your big guy is. Sorry to hear the news about your Grandpa. It is always a hard thing to go through. I love you!!!

raw mom said...

i'm so sorry, sweet girl. when ever my grandma's phone number shows up on my phone i wonder if that's the one that will be the one. i ams so grateful, too, for the gospel and the teachings. i love how comforted we can be from the spirit and our faith in eternity. oxoxoxox

raw mom said...

hey amanda! sooo, some nasty creeps are looking at our blog so im going private...but i'm not sure i have your email so heres mine teresa4andy@yahoo.com email to me k! xoxo

amelia said...

So sorry Amanda. Glad you have your family around and can be with your parents during this rough time!

The Ackerman Family said...

Sorry about your Grandpa! How are you doing?!? Any update? How is bed rest going?