Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A New Calling

Well it finally happend I had stayed under the radar for quite awhile, but I was found. Last Sunday our entire Primary presidency was released, and a new one called I was called to be the primary secretary. When the First councilor came to my house I was just so nervous as to what it could be. During the week I could have around 9 kids at my house at one time because I babysit. My kids alone are a handful! Saturdays we have Kaels soccer games I just thought i dont think I could plan a lesson every week right now, or with all these kids at my house I couldnt handle being in the nursery, but I also couldnt turn down a calling I would just feel to guilty. Not alot of people in our ward know I am pregnant and my dad said if it is to much Amanda just tell them your pregnant tell them about your daily life and that you just dont feel you can do it right now. How could I turn down a calling though? I talk tough like I would say no if it were something I didnt want to do, but I really wouldnt. So when he told me it was primary secretary I was just so excited. Granted I know it involves lots of meetings taking roll through out the primary, learning all the kids names, and not to mention the dozen or so reports that have to be turned into people on a monthly basis. I really think I can do this. I already have a meeting tonight-which is game night (forr those of you who dont know what game night is I will explain later). I have another meeting tomorrow and a stake baptism on Saturday luckly it is before Kaels game so I can pretend I am super mom and do it all.

Ok so last year when we were living in Santa Barbara my husband Josh got pretty comfy playing computer games after the kids go to bed but he would play all night and hog the computer. It was really starting to irritate me! So we made a compromise where he could play video games on Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday nights, but on the rest of the nights he has to do everything ie: clean up dinner, give the kids baths, help them brush teeth get dressed and so forth, giving me a much needed break.

So if my hubby reads this I just want you to know how grateful I am for your help. I know all of the sacrifies you make for our family and I truly appreciate them. Thankyou for supporting me in this calling and pretty much anything I want to do. You give me trouble but you always support me even if it isnt the right thing to do, you back me up (: -Believe me I get our family into pretty sticky situations like not to long ago I got our van stuck in the mud and my brother in law and his cousins had to help get us out. All because I said no go down this way I know its this way (it wasent). I love you Josh you are such an amaing guy. Thanks for doing such a great job of taking care of your family!!! (:

6 comments:

The Ackerman Family said...

Congrats on the new calling. I have been in nursery for 7 months now. When I got the calling I was so shocked because I had just been called to the Enrichment committee 2 months before, and I I felt like "Hello...I am with 3 little kids all week long. Don't I get a break on Sunday?" But I accepted the call and have come to see some of the reasons why I was put in this calling. You truly are a "SuperMom" with all you have going on! You are amazing! So I thought you were working at a Dental office...are you not doing that anymore?

Kristin said...

You are supermom! Way to go, Amanda, I have no doubt you can do it!

raw mom said...

i love the shout out! our honney's really do quiet a bit...we are lucky girls,eh! i loved that calling but i remember i really needed support and didnt get it so it was incredibly tough...good thing you have josh...how's the pregancy going...how far are ya now?

amelia said...

WHOA Amanda! You are Supermom! And good luck!

Sara said...

Ooh! Primary secretary is my dream calling. For your sake, I hope it is just as wonderful as I imagine it. :)

Diana said...

Wow, you guys are so busy! And that's a sweet tribute to your husband! Aw.