Friday, September 18, 2009

Melanoma

Well back in the day I had skin cancer and I should have been tested ever 6 months from that point on. Well I am a horrible patient I will not go to the doctor unless I am dying or I have to because of a baby. I just kept having the feeling that I needed to get my moles checked out so I finally thought I will make an appointment and go. I showed her the ones I thought were bad and they turned out to be fine and she then looked at my back and found one that looked bad and did a biopsy on it.

This is what the biopsy looked like don't mind the fat back shot (:

Well the biopsy came back bad and so they sent me to a dermatologist and he took a bigger biopsy of it. I have to say at the time of the biopsy I was bending over holding Mylee on my lap who was kicking and screaming, meanwhile trying to hold still and be brave (I am such a wimp). I do not like back shots! They hurt like crazy! Well that one came back cancerous. So I had to go in again for them to take a big spot off my back. It was the day before school started and my mom was able to watch my kids for me and my dad took me and I got yet another shot in my back and felt allot of stretching and pulling and then stitching . This was the end result...

This was the day I got my stitches out it healed really nice and they were able to get it all out. From now on I will go in every 6 months no matter what. I am grateful to our Heavenly Father for that still small voice, don't ever ignore it. (:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have six scars that look just like that from having moles removed! I am glad you are ok!

aezra noell said...

oh my gosh amanda. I wish i would have known. how horrible.you take care of yourself , you hear?

Melissa said...

I am thankful that you listened to the still small voice! I've had a nagging feeling too. Your post has convinced me to call the doctor! Thanks you for sharing your story.

andyandmeg@gmail.com said...

Yikes! That makes me want to go get checked out! I'm so happy you are okay.