Monday, September 22, 2008

My little soccer stud

Ok I will start out by saying that soccer last year for Kael was awful.  He never wanted to play he always wanted to sit on the sidelines.  I hated to drag him to the stinkin games every Saturday.  So this year I was very reluctant to put him back into soccer once again.  I kept asking him if he really wanted to play, and he was like yes mommy I really do.  So we had our first practice and Kael did well.  Then it was onto his first game.  What a difference a year makes!!  This kid was in there elbowing the other teams players, fighting for the ball, and then it happened he got his first goal.  Let me tell you we were the loudest family there, we were so excited everyone kept looking at us like ok arent you a little to proud, yes, yes we were.  Once he got a taste for all the cheering he got the ball again and took it down the field and made another goal.  It was awesome.  Once again we were a little excited!  I mean there is a whole new Kael out there on the field, he does not want to sit out ever! Just when it couldnt get any better he scored again!!!  These werent just accidental goals either, he stole the ball from the other team and then took it down the field to make the goal.  We were so loud and excited Josh, myself, my mom, auntie Kimmi, Emma, and Aiden were all cheering for him. Lets just say that Kael had a great day from then on out.  We couldnt wait to call everyone and let them know how great Kael did.  We are very proud of you Kael, not just for making the goals but for actually trying and having fun.  This soccer year is going to be so much fun!!!




He was always the one kicking the ball in or throwing it in, probably because the other kids were crying and didnt want to be there.  (like Kael last year) (:


Going after the ball.


Good job little buddy!!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Yay! Isn't it awesome when kids latch onto something? Looks like the patience from last season paid off.

The Ackerman Family said...

I can't tell you the number of times I have thought of you over the past 2 months!!! How do you do it with 4? I love Emma's haircut! I am really close to chopping my girls' hair....all they do is cry when I try to brush it and it ends up in a pony tail. My poor kids aren't involved in anything right now...no dance, sports or anything. I just feel like I can't handle one more thing! You are so amazing! Love ya!

Jana said...

Go Kael! Tyson's playing soccer too! They're soooo cute! Oh, and I loved Emma's ballet and haircut! I'm so glad I have a girl too!

raw mom said...

um hello long hair!!! your hair is getting so long and it's beautiful!!
and i LOVE your pics on the side...very cute.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kael is a soccer stud. We love soccer. Im glad he likes it better this year, it usually takes a couple years before he gets it. So fun!