Monday, November 10, 2008

I hope they call me on a mission...

This handsome little devil amazes me everyday.  Yesterday was one of those days.  It was Fast and Testimony Sunday in our ward.  Josh is as sick as a dog so he stayed home from church and the kids  and I went.  So during the meeting Kael kept asking can I go up mom?  Well last time he went up Emma was asleep but of course this time she wasn't so I was trying to avoid having to haul 2 babies that only have love for their mommy right now and 2 big kids up to the podium.  Well after the hundredth time asking I finally let him go up by himself.  His testimony is ever evolving.  This week he said "I'd like to bear my testimony I know the church is true  I know that President Monson is a true Prophet I love my brothers and sisters and my mommy and daddy in the name of Jesus Christ amen."  I am just so proud of the little man that he is turning into.  Well little miss Emma wanted to go up all by herself but I knew that she would only say her part from the program which I think is cute but probably not everyone else.  I just couldn't go up with all the kids so I told her that I would give her a piece of gum and let her go up next month when mommy had help and could go with her.  It worked!  I know I should have let her go, but you just don't understand the very hard day it was turning out to be and I am just not super mom!  But again I am just so proud of my very old soul of a boy!

7 comments:

Heather McMullin said...

Melts your little heart doesn't it!! What a cute little guy!

Kristin said...

What an amazing son you have. That picture is darling. I can't tell if he looks more like you or Josh!

Casey and Brianna Johnson said...

Your kids are so cute. He is getting so big, I remember when you had him!

PS. I think we need to get Chelsea in on the blogging world.

smb said...

Wow what an awesome job you and Josh are doing to teach your children the gospel! Seems like yesterday that you were pregnant with that little monkey.

Jana said...

Such a cute picture!

Porter's said...

hey amanda- sure i remember you! how are you doing? hey, you look great too... especially after having 4 kids! wow! talk to you later!

Holly R said...

I just made my blog private. If you would like an invitation, please email me at jonathanandhollyrader@gmail.com because I don't have your address.